JOIN THE TEAM
JOIN THE TEAM
DOWNLOAD THE FORM OR APPLY ONLINE
Redwood Fabricator (Ft Worth)
As an associate working in the redwood fabrication shop in Fort Worth, employee will be tasked with the production of all sizes and lengths of redwood/prowood offered for sale by Barnsco, TX, as well as special order sizes per customer order. Employee will be trained in the safe and proper use of all machines and tools required to perform job duties. As such, employee will be responsible for the safe operation of certain fabrication machines and tools including, but not limited to, 10” electric table saw, table-mounted electric band saw, table-mounted scroll saw, vertical electric drill press and various power tools and hand tools. As well, employee will be required to safely operate any forklift necessary to move and transport finished product. Employee will receive full, supervised training on each tool and machine before being allowed to operate them without supervision. Employee will report directly to, and take direction from, the Branch Manager.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Fabrication of both stock and custom redwood/prowood orders, as instructed by supervisor.
- Daily production reports to include all production and waste information.
- General maintenance and cleaning of all tools and machines used to perform daily duties.
- General upkeep and cleaning of redwood fabrication shop to maintain Barnsco standards.
- Previous carpentry/fabrication experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to program computer-controlled equipment/machines (training provided).
- Must be proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, division & multiplication)
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time as job requires.
- Must be able to lift at least 75lbs with no effects.
- Must be able to prepare detailed production reports on a daily basis (training provided).
- Must be able to meet strict production schedules consistently.
- Must be able to set and adhere to production goals.