JOIN THE TEAM
JOIN THE TEAM
DOWNLOAD THE FORM OR APPLY ONLINE
Field Service Mechanic
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain company service vehicle in an organized, safe, and operating fashion.
- Maintain small inventory in service vehicle
- Travel to customer work sites to complete repairs on various types of equipment
- Perform required Preventive Maintenance on Barnsco Rental Equipment in field.
- Troubleshoot company and customer equipment in field to determine cause of reported problems
- Perform mechanic skills including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
- Repair equipment and restore to full functionality in a timely manner
- Inspect and maintain Barnsco forklifts, tractors, and trailers
- Communicate with external and internal customers regarding the repairs
- Perform repairs on equipment in-house if no service calls are pending
- Effectively and consistently communicates with Service Manager and/or Service Coordinator
- The employee will be responsible for any other tasks and duties that may be assigned from time-to-time by the Service Manager.
- Ability to read and understand Schematics
- Computer assisted troubleshooting experience
- Basic mechanical and electrical working knowledge
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on field service construction rental/equipment maintenance.
- Must have basic set of industrial tools to complete all tasks
- Must demonstrate professionalism, sense of urgency, and strong customer service
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, full use of arms to hands to use tools, must be able to climb up and off equipment and be able to see close as well as distant.
- Requires a valid and current driver’s license.