JOIN THE TEAM
JOIN THE TEAM
DOWNLOAD THE FORM OR APPLY ONLINE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always remain customer focused
- Maintain an organized and focused approach to daily work and tasks
- Provide timely and accurate communication regarding the delivery status of pending deliveries
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day
- Anticipate delivery requirements; expedite orders as necessary
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Ships items by examining items, weight, destination, route, and delivery time
- Maintain expert product knowledge to support excellent load planning
- Verifies items shipped by matching PODs and bills of lading; reconciling quantities and noting discrepancies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
- Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential